Sun and Moon Cellars - Chardonnay 2019
Regular price $11.99
This wine is made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes grown in Limoux. Limoux is arguably one of the best terroirs for Chardonnay in the South of France. The area is protected from the Mediterranean heat by a mountain chain, and also gets a cooling Atlantic influence, ideal for Chardonnay. In this wine, 10% of the Chardonnay is aged in oak barrels, while the remaining 90% is aged in stainless steel. The wine is assembled, then allowed to rest on its lees in stainless steel tanks before a light filtration and bottling.
Tasting Notes: This wine has a delicately perfumed nose with subtle tropical and fruit cocktail notes. In the mouth, stone fruit flavors of peach and apricot mix with sweet pear and citrus flavors. The finish is surprisingly mineral for a Southern French Chardonnay, leaving the palate refreshed and ready for the next sip.