Sun and Moon Cellars - Pinot Noir 2018
This wine is made exclusively from Pinot Noir grapes grown in Limoux. Limoux is arguably one of the best terroirs for Pinot Noir in the South of France. The area is protected from the Mediterranean heat by a mountain chain, and also gets a cooling Atlantic influence, ideal for Pinot Noir. In this wine, 20% of the Pinot Noir is aged in oak barrels, while the remaining 80% is aged in stainless steel tanks. The wine is assembled, then allowed to rest on its lees in stainless steel tanks before a light filtration and bottling.
Tasting Notes: This is a soft, easy-drinking, Pinot Noir. In the nose, earth, spice, and herbs combine with aromas of red fruit. In the mouth, this wine has unmistakable Pinot Noir varietal character, with classic notes of dried cherries, plum, and subtle hints of oak in the background. This wine is ideal for white meats, like